Introducing Hybrid Pro Salt; our most advanced reef salt yet. After years of observing reef tanks thrive on either natural seawater (NSW) or chemically pure laboratory-made salt, we wanted to create a Hybrid Pro Salt formula designed to deliver the benefits of both salts for our delicate reef inhabitants and modern aquaristics looking for more natural, probiotic-enriched reefing methods.
After collecting a variety of water samples from naturally thriving reefs across Egypt, Kenya, Indonesia, and Fiji our chemists and biologists analyzed the ICP results of these established coral reef habitats to create a set of parameters for even the most demanding corals. Unlike the ocean, an aquarium is a closed ecosystem and not all elements are consumed evenly. To compensate for absorption differences, we increased the levels of the most commonly consumed micronutrients and trace elements such as strontium and iodine for greater stability.
What makes Hybrid Pro Salt unique?
- Hybrid Pro Salt incorporates chemically pure, laboratory-made salt with natural sea salt flakes from the cleanest waters of the North Atlantic Ocean
- Proprietary blend of probiotic bacteria to reduce nitrate and phosphate levels while increasing color intensity and growth potential often inhibited by high phosphate levels.
- Has a number of micro and macro trace elements and enriched with the highest quality amino acids and vitamins aiding in immunity and natural metabolic functions.
This new Hybrid Pro Salt formula creates conditions almost identical to those found in natural seawater while having the added benefit of probiotics to help maintain microbiological balance and safely lowers nitrate and phosphate levels.
Dosage and storage
- For best use, Hybrid Pro Salt should be dissolved in RODI water at a temperature between 24-25°C (75-77°F) at a salinity of 33 ppt (1.025 S.G.)
- Dissolve 390 grams of salt into 10 liters (2.19 US gal) of RODI water
- Mix for approximately 15 minutes. Once completely dissolved, the saltwater is ready for immediate use
- The dissolved salt should be used up within 3 days. Evaporation changes the parameters of the water, so keep the prepared saltwater tightly closed. If you store it for several days, check its salinity before use
- Store salt in a dry, humidity-free place in a dark place
- Safety data sheet available on request
- We recommend keeping the dKH between 7.5-8.5 to help the probiotic bacteria reproduce. Higher/lower levels may reduce bacterial activity
- When setting up new aquariums, we recommend introducing the first fish/corals no earlier than 10-14 days after the tank is established and water parameters stabilized
Recommended salinity for different aquarium types:
Macro and micro elements in the water have different levels depending on the salinity: